Match the child's weight to the chart below. If the weight is not known then match the age of the child. If your child weighs less than 4 kg (or is under 1 month of age) or more than 12 kg, please consult your doctor about adjusting the dosage amount.
Age Average Weight Dose
1-3 Months 4-6 kg 0.6-0.9 mL
3-6 Months 6-8 kg 0.9-1.2 mL
6-12 Months 8-10 kg 1.2-1.5 mL
1-2 Years 10-12 kg 1.5-1.8 mL
- Shake bottle, measure the required amount in syringe or dropper (see diagram below)
- Either drop directly onto the child's tongue, or mix with a little juice or water first.
- This dose may be repeated if necessary, every 4 hours.
- Do not give more than 4 doses in one day or within any 24-hour period.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose for your child.
- Do not use for more than 48 hours at a time except on medical advice.
- Children's Panadol® is not recommended for infants under 1 month
- Wipe the neck of the bottle clean. Push cap down, turn and close tightly to engage child resistant feature.
- Rinse the dosing device with hot water before and after use.
- Do not wash the dosing device in dishwasher.
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Use only as directed and consult your family doctor if pain or fever persists.
- Further Information
- The recommended dose for Children's Panadol® in children under 12 years is 15 milligrams of paracetamol for every 1 kilogram body weight.
- Follow the dosage instructions on the bottle.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose unless directed by your doctor.
- If you would like any further information regarding Children's Panadol® products, please call our INFOLINE (Freecall) Australia on 1-800-028-533., or send a query through our website.