IMPORTANT NOTE – A VALID AUSTRALIAN PRESCRIPTION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THIS ITEM CAN BE SHIPPED
Product Code: EP3782
Note: Private, PBS and our prices are available to the general public.
Concession and Safety Net prices are only available to people with the appropriate
concession or Safety Net cards. See Prescriptions for more details.
uromine is used to reduce body weight in obese or overweight patients. Your doctor will determine if you are overweight enough to use Duromine. Duromine works by directly affecting the area of the brain that controls your appetite making you feel less hungry.
Duromine should be used as a part of an overall weight management plan which should include a medically controlled diet and exercise program.
Duromine is a prescription medicine and has been prescribed for you only. Do not give it to anyone else even if their condition is the same as yours. Your doctor may prescribe Duromine for another purpose. If you are not sure why you are taking this medicine ask your doctor.
The Victorian Pharmacy Act states that this product must only be supplied on prescriptions written by Victorian Registered Doctors.***DUE TO ETHICAL AND PROFESSIONAL ISSUES, THIS PRODUCT CAN ONLY BE ORDERED IN SINGLE UNITS***
DUROMINE - CMI (3M Pharmaceuticals)
CONSUMER MEDICINE INFORMATION
What is in this leaflet
This leaflet answers some common questions about Duromine. It does not contain all the available information. It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist. If you need any more information about Duromine please ask your doctor or pharmacist.
All medicines have risks and benefits. Your doctor has weighed the risk of you taking Duromine against the benefits it can have for you. If you have any concerns about taking this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this leaflet with the medicine. You may want to read it again.
The name of your medicine is Duromine. Duromine capsules contain the active ingredient, phentermine. Phentermine is combined with a resin. The resin releases phentermine throughout the day so the effect of Duromine lasts all day.
Before using Duromine
When you must not use Duromine
* if you have the following medical conditions:
- very high blood pressure;
- high blood pressure in the lung;
- problems with the valves in your heart
- disease related to blood vessels in the brain;
- severe heart disease including changes in the rhythm or rate of the heart beat;
- narrowing of the blood vessels due to thickening or hardening of the blood vessel wall;
- overactive thyroid gland;
- psychiatric illness including anorexia nervosa (loss of appetite) and depression;
- glaucoma (high pressure in the eye)
* If you are currently taking, or have taken within the last 14 days, antidepressant medicines from the mono-amine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) class such as phenelzine (eg Nardil) or tranylcypromine (eg Parnate).
* if you are allergic to phentermine or to any of the ingredients listed under Product Description.
* if you have previously misused drugs or alcohol
* after the "use by" date on the box.
Before you start to use Duromine
* Tell your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines:
- any medicines for weight reduction
- any medicines for depression or obsessive compulsive disorder such as fluoxetine (eg Prozac, Erocap, Lovan, Zactin); sertraline (eg, Zoloft); paroxetine (eg Aropax); clomipramine (eg Anafranil, Placil).
- ergot-like medicines for migraine such as ergotamine (eg Cafergot, Ergodryl, Migral)
- any cough and cold remedies containing pseudoephedrine, phenylpropanolamine or phenylephrine.
- thyroid hormones.
- any medication for mental illness
- medicines for lowering high blood pressure including clonidine, methyldopa or guanethidine.
- any medicines that you buy without a prescription.
* Tell your doctor if you: - are pregnant or intending to become pregnant - are breastfeeding - have high blood pressure - have diabetes - have epilepsy.
How to take Duromine
* In adults and children over 12 years, the usual dose of Duromine is one capsule every day. However, your doctor will prescribe the right dose for you.
QCPP accredition details:
Virginia. 1806 Sandgate Rd, Virginia Qld 4014. Proprietors – Sam Gance and Jeffrey Wasley. Pharmacist available - Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm (Qld time) Saturday and Sunday 9am to 1pm (Qld time)
*Please note that not all products available online are available in the stores. In addition, some stores may have slightly different prices on selected lines.
*All crossed through prices on Chemist Warehouse Online are Suggested Retail Prices (SRP). These are shown to give you an indication of the saving you will make compared to buying from a standard retail pharmacy. These prices have been obtained through regular price matching and are actual prices from retail stores. We cannot show SRP prices for all products due to database restrictions and the fact that some of our products cannot be purchased in retail pharmacies. Actual product or product packaging delivered may vary slightly from product image shown.
*Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your Healthcare Professional. Vitamins may only be of assistance if your dietary intake is inadequate.