Prozac 20mg Dispersable Tablets 84 (3 x 28) Authority Script
IMPORTANT NOTE – A VALID AUSTRALIAN PRESCRIPTION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THIS ITEM CAN BE SHIPPED
Drug Name: fluoxetine
Note: Private, PBS and our prices are available to the general public. Concession and Safety Net prices are only available to people with the appropriate concession or Safety Net cards. See Prescriptions for more details.
GOVERNMENT AUTHORITY SCRIPT
This prescription item requires a pre approved authority from the Government in order to get this item at the quoted price. Authority prescriptions need to be applied for by the doctor writing the script and can include reasons such as increased quantities due to dosage, increased repeats, use for a pre determined specified use, or the nature of the medication itself requiring specialist interaction. In the event that an authority is not granted on the script, the price will revert to the private price quoted for that item
WARNING - MULTIPLE PACK PRESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
This item contains more than one pack of a prescription product. Before this can be dispensed the doctor has to give approval. The prescription must be written for the total quantity or the prescription must be endorsed by your doctor "Regulation 24" otherwise we will be unable to dispense the increased amount. If you proceed with the order without approval, we will only send out one pack at the single pack price and refund the difference. Eg If your prescription is written out for 30 Tablets with 5 repeats and it does not have “Regulation 24 “ written on the script, the ONLY quantity we can dispense is 30 at one time. Further dispensing of this product could only occur after an appropriate length of time - usually 21 days but depends on dosage. In this example if you would like to obtain 180 Tablets then the doctor must endorse the prescription “Regulation 24” or the quantity must be written out for 180 and not 30. NB Conditions apply on the writing of a Regulation 24 prescription. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for details.
We can no longer accept signed authority forms from your doctor as permission to dispense more than one pack. Please contact our pharmacist for more information.
If you order this item as Private, NO PBS stickers will be issued. Once any prescription order has been sent the product cannot be returned for a refund even if your doctor changes your medication or you have an adverse reaction.
PROZAC - CMI
CONSUMER MEDICINE INFORMATION
What is in this leaflet
This leaflet is designed to provide you with answers to some common questions about this medicine. It does not contain all the available information and does not take the place of talking with your doctor.
All medicines have risks and benefits.
Your doctor has more information about this medicine than is contained in this leaflet. Also, your doctor has had the benefit of taking a full and detailed history from you and is in the best position to make an expert judgement to meet your individual needs.
If you have any concerns about taking this medicine, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this leaflet with this medicine. You may need to read it again.
What is Prozac used for
Prozac is used to treat:
* obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
* premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
Your doctor may have prescribed Prozac for another reason. Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why Prozac has been prescribed for you.
Prozac belongs to a group of medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). SSRIs are thought to work by their action on brain chemicals called amines which are involved in controlling mood.
Prozac is available only with a doctor's prescription.
There is no specific information available to recommend the use of Prozac in children.
Before taking Prozac
Do NOT take Prozac if:
* you have had an ALLERGIC REACTION to any medicines containing fluoxetine or to any of the inactive ingredients listed in the Ingredients section of this leaflet.
Signs of an allergic reaction may include rash, itching of the skin, shortness of breath and swelling of the tongue or face.
* the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
* the capsules, tablets or liquid do not look quite right.
* the expiry date on the pack has passed.
* you are taking another medicine for depression called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or have been taking a MAOI within the last 14 days. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure as to whether or not you are taking a MAOI.
If you do take Prozac while you are taking a MAOI, you may experience shaking (tremor), shivering, muscle stiffness, fever, rapid pulse, rapid breathing or confusion.
Before you start taking Prozac tell your doctor if:
* you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant.
* you are breastfeeding or wish to breastfeed.
* you have had an allergic reaction to any medicine which you have taken previously to treat your current condition.
* you have kidney or liver disease, or if you have diabetes or have ever had fits.
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including any that you buy without a prescription from a pharmacy, supermarket or health food shop.
Some medicines may be affected by Prozac, or may affect how well it works. These include:
* monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), medicines used to treat some types of depression. You should stop taking MAOIs at least two weeks before starting Prozac.
* lithium, a medicine used to treat mood swings and some types of depression
* other medicines for depression or obsessive compulsive disorder
* sleeping tablets or sedatives
* medicines used to relieve anxiety
* medicines used to treat certain mental and emotional conditions, also called antipsychotics
* medicines used to control fits
* medicines used to prevent blood clots, such as warfarin
* flecainide, a medicine used to treat some heart conditions
Your doctor can tell you what to do if you are taking any other medicines.
If you are not sure whether you are taking any of these medicines, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
Your doctor and pharmacist have more information on medicines to be careful with or avoid while taking Prozac.
Do not start taking other medicines
There is generic brand to choose from in the table below. Generic Brands are less expensive brands that have been proven to have the same effect. Please select the desired brand.*
*Some Doctor's will have "no substitution permitted" endorsed on the script. Please check your prescription as generics are not available in this case.
Lovan 20mg Dispersible Tablet 28
Lovan 20mg Dispersible Tablet 56 (2 x 28) (Authority Script)
Prozac 20mg Dispersable Tablets 28
Customers Who Bought This Product Also Bought...