A great tasting chewable form of vitamin C with no artificial sweeteners that's suitable for the whole family. It is buffered with mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach, and contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to boost its action in the body. Vitamin C helps to reduce the severity and duration of colds.
Features and benefits
- Great tasting, orange flavoured chewable vitamin C supplement for the whole family
- Buffered with mineral ascorbates making it gentle on the stomach
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to boost its action in the body
- Contains no artificial sweeteners
- Reduces the severity and duration of colds
- As a potent antioxidant it helps to protect against free radical damage
- Promotes wound healing via its role in collagen production
- Helps to maintain capillary health
How it works
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low, or the individual’s need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Citrus bioflavonoids have been shown to improve capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
Adults Chew 1 tablet twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed. At the onset of cold symptoms the dose may be increased to 2 tablets 3 times a day.
Children 4-12 years Chew 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
Contraindications and cautions
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active ingredients per tablet
|Ascorbic acid ||200 mg |
|Sodium ascorbate ||200 mg |
|Calcium ascorbate||175 mg |
|(Total vitamin C 500 mg)|
|Citrus bioflavonoids extract ||10 mg |
Ascorbic acid may increase the absorption of aluminium. In kidney failure doses should be separated by at least 2 hours from doses of aluminium-containing preparations.
An orange, round shaped tablet with break bar.