Efexor XR 150mg Capsules 28
IMPORTANT NOTE – A VALID AUSTRALIAN PRESCRIPTION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THIS ITEM CAN BE SHIPPED
Drug Name: venlafaxine
Note: Private, PBS and our prices are available to the general public. Concession and Safety Net prices are only available to people with the appropriate concession or Safety Net cards. See Prescriptions for more details.
EFEXOR-XR - CMI
CONSUMER MEDICINE INFORMATION
What is in this leaflet
This leaflet answers some common questions about Efexor-XR capsules. It does not contain all the available information.
It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist or asking questions.
All medicines have risks and benefits. Your doctor has weighed the risks of you taking Efexor-XR against the expected benefits it will have for you.
If you have any questions about Efexor-XR, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this leaflet with your Efexor-XR capsules.
You may need to read it again.
What Efexor-XR is for
The name of your medicine is Efexor-XR. It contains the active ingredient called venlafaxine hydrochloride.
Efexor-XR capsules are used in the treatment of depression.
Depression can affect your whole body and may cause emotional and physical symptoms such as feeling low in spirit, being unable to enjoy life, poor appetite or overeating, disturbed sleep, loss of sex drive, lack of energy and feeling guilty over nothing. It is a treatable illness.
Efexor-XR capsules belong to a new class of medications for depression called Serotonin-Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs).
Serotonin and noradrenaline are chemical messengers that allow certain nerves in the brain to work. Efexor-XR capsules increase the level of these two messengers. Experts think this is how it helps to restore your feeling of wellness.
Your doctor may have prescribed Efexor-XR capsules for another purpose. Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why Efexor-XR capsules has been prescribed for you.
Before you use Efexor-XR
Before you start to take Efexor-XR
You must tell your doctor if:
* you are taking any other medicines, including any medicines that you have bought from a pharmacy or supermarket
Your doctor must know all of the following before you start to take Efexor-XR:
* if you have a history of fits (seizures or convulsions)
* if you have blood pressure problems
* if you have or have had problems with your heart, kidneys or liver
* if you are breastfeeding
* if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
* if you have any other medical conditions.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you take any other medicines, including:
* other medications for depression known as monoamine oxidase inhibitors, even if you have stopped taking them now, but have taken them within the last 14 days. Your doctor or pharmacist can tell you what to do if you are taking any of these medicines.
- Do not start to take any other medicine unless prescribed or approved by your doctor. This includes medicines you can buy without a prescription from a pharmacy, supermarket or health food shop.
When you must not use Efexor-XR (discuss with your doctor):
1. If you have allergies to:
* Efexor-XR or Efexor
* any ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet
Some symptoms of an allergic reaction to Efexor-XR include:
* Skin rash
2. If you are taking other medications for depression, even if you have stopped taking them now, but have taken them within the last 14 days.
3. Efexor-XR should not be taken by children (your doctor will advise you if there is a special reason to use it).
How to take Efexor-XR
The usual recommended starting dose is 75 mg, given once daily. If necessary the dose may be increased by your doctor to 150 mg once daily. If required, the dose can be further increased up to 225 mg, given once daily.
Efexor-XR should be taken once daily, at approximately the same time each day, either in the morning or in the evening.
Take Efexor-XR capsules with food.
Swallow Efexor-XR capsules with a glass of water or other liquid. Do not divide, crush, chew or place the capsules in water.
Sometimes your doctor may increase this dose if you have not improved enough. Use the exact amount your doctor tells you
There is generic brand to choose from in the table below. Generic Brands are less expensive brands that have been proven to have the same effect. Please select the desired brand.*
*Some Doctor's will have "no substitution permitted" endorsed on the script. Please check your prescription as generics are not available in this case.
Efexor XR 150mg Capsules 112 (4 x 28) Authority
Efexor XR 150mg Capsules 56 (2 x 28) (Authority Script)
Efexor XR 150mg Capsules 84 (3 x 28) (Authority Script)
Customers Who Bought This Product Also Bought...