Demazin Cold Relief Clear Syrup 200ml
Demazin Syrup is especially formulated for children and adults for the relief of symptoms of colds and allergies, without any artificial colourings.
Some medicines should not be taken with Demazin Clear. These include:
* monoamine oxidase inhibitors, medicines used to treat depression
* heart or blood pressure medicines
* medicine to prevent blood clots
* antacids / kaolin
* appetite suppressants
These medicines may be affected by Demazin Clear, or may affect how well it works. You may need different amounts of your medicine, or you may need to take different medicines. Your doctor or pharmacist will advise you.
* Demazin Cold Relief Clear may cause drowsiness. Make sure you know how you react to Demazin Clear before you drive a car or operate machinery.
Do not take Demazin Clear if you have, or have had, any of the following medical conditions:
* narrow angle glaucoma
* difficulty passing urine.
* severe high blood pressure
* severe blood vessel disease
* an overactive thyroid gland
- Do not take Demazin Clear if you are taking or within 14 days of discontinuing monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), medicines used to treat depression.
- Do not take Demazin Clear if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless you and your doctor or pharmacist have discussed the risks and benefits involved.
* Demazin Clear contains sorbitol which may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea in some people.
* Stop taking Demazin Clear 48 hours before you have any skin tests. Antihistamines may interfere with the results of skin tests.
* chlorpheniramine maleate 1.25mg/5mL
* phenylephrine hydrochloride 2.5mg/5mL
* artificial peach flavour
* methyl hydroxybenzoate
* propyl hydroxybenzoate
Recommended Dosage: For oral use only
Children:6-12 years: 8-15ml every 6-8 hrs
Adults & Children over 12 Years: 15ml every hrs
Demazin Clear provides relief of upper respiratory congestion associated with common cold, nasal allergy, hayfever and sinusitis.
Demazin Clear contains a combination of two medicines, an antihistamine and a decongestant.
Antihistamines help reduce allergic symptoms such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose, and burning or itchy eyes by preventing the effects of a substance called histamine.
Histamine is produced by the body in response to foreign substances which the body is allergic to.
Decongestants produce narrowing of blood vessels. This leads to clearing of the stuffy or blocked nose.
Demazin Clear can be used in adults and children.